Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hello November!

Reached the Summit, conquered Inktober 2107
Inktober 2017 is finally over! For 31 days I have been slavishly following prompts on Skytchy (you can download this app for apple devices only), spending from a few minutes to sometimes hours on drawing with some form of ink. I have not used ink in years. I used it a lot when I was much younger, before I discovered other media such as watercolour and oils, simply because it was the most affordable.Through Inktober I have become reacquainted with ink again. It was like meeting an old friend. I also used Chinese ink, which is wonderful and very versatile. Used with a brush, it offers huge variation of tones when diluted with water, much like watercolour. I also tried out a self inking Chinese calligraphy brush.Below is an example of a painting I did combining the two, which turned out very satisfactorily:

Inktober day 16 Fat Ⓒ beekctan
I used primarily watercolour on the left and transitioned into Chinese ink on the right. The result is very satisfying. Another one that I am quite pleased with is this portrait of a little girl painted on day 17 to the prompt Graceful.

Inktober Day 17 Graceful  Ⓒ beekctan

On some days I did use nothing but ink as in this portrait of a cute but messy little boy on day 18 Filthy:

Inktober Day 18 Filthy  Ⓒ beekctan

So, at the end of Inktober, it looks like ink is here to stay for a while in my work!
Hello November!

To view all the works I did this Inktober follow me on Instagram/bee_kctan






No comments:

Post a Comment